28781850605_2dc9a7bfbc_o

I Moved Card Set

August 4, 2016

My grandmother recently moved and I wanted to give her some change of address cards as a house warming gift. I had just bought the Happy Trails stamp set and thought I could make the camper a moving trailer. I did some experimenting and found that my idea worked. I, originally, started by coloring the images in with markers, but that idea changed. The Lawnscaping blog posted their new challenge (#135: Patterned Palooza) and I wanted to play with paper piecing. I ended up with 30 finished cards; 24 with paper piecing and 6 with the original coloring.

28676708932_9bf314c101_o

Version One with the trail of smoke

28497544280_d29ba5ca37_o

Version Two with the wind lines

28781850875_5f85d5af7f_o

The original design with coloring

28781850605_2dc9a7bfbc_o

Some of the cards all lined up

Details

Size:  Horizontal top fold A2 card

Extra Details:  I started by carefully inking up the camper stamp.  I only inked the edges. Once stamped, any missing areas I filled in with a thin black Sharpie. I stamped the “camper” on two colors of patterned paper. Once, I had all the “campers”, cars, and trees stamped, I fussy cut them out. I painted all of the cut edges with a black marker to hide any cutting errors.

Once the cutting was complete, I created by card bases. Using a ruler, I drew a light pencil like as a guide. I stamped the car, camper and trees on each card base. I did not worry about the door or windows on the camper this time because I knew I would be covering them up. I also stamped all of the sentiments at this time.

I adhered the thing grey road down first. I started with half inch strips of grey card stock for the roads, but they were too wide and looked to straight. So using the largest scissors I own, I cut the strips roughly in half. The imperfect cutting looks more natural to me. I really like the way the roads looked on the finished cards.

Then I glued all of the paper pieces down to the card bases. Once the glue was dry, I added the wind or smoke puffs. This completed the cards.

I added some trees to the envelope flaps to added interest.

Challenges Entered:

Lawnscaping Challenge #135: Patterned Palooza

http://lawnscaping.blogspot.com/2016/08/lawnscaping-challenge-135-patterned.html

 

Stamps Used: Lawn Fawn’s Happy Trails, Clark’s ABCs and Critters in Costume

Ink: VersaFine

Simon Says Stamp Smoke Ink

Memento Dew Drop Bahama Blue

 

Hope you enjoyed the card

One thought on “I Moved Card Set”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *